I truly love running. Love it!
I love it because there are so many facets to it...
As I've said before, it's can be just me and God.
It can be me living life with friends.
It's me actually accomplishing something!
It's my body being capable of so much more than I thought.
When I signed up for my 1/2 marathon scheduled for October, I was not even running yet. I signed up because it's called a Girlfriends Half Marathon. Celebrating girlfriends. I cherish each and every one of my girlfriends and thought the run would be an amazing thing to be a part of. I also wanted to push myself, work hard, and accomplish the task of running 13.1 miles. I never knew that I would love it like I do.
I was talking with my brother the other day and told him that while I do it for myself, I also do it for him (as he battles cancer for the 3rd time) and my friend and her little boy who has leukemia (as he battles for the 3rd time). I run because they can't. I run because I can. He jokingly said, "then why don't you run a marathon for me. You can do the first 13 for you and the 2nd 13 for me. Then, you'll really hate me." Hating my brother is not possible. Never going to happen.
But, my sweet brother, I will run a marathon for you. I will be inspired. I will cherish every mile. I will hear you cheering me on. When I hit the wall that I hear is inevitable I'll push harder just for you. I'll do the first 13 for me and I'll gladly love you every second of the 2nd 13!
Love you brother!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I'll share more later, but, for now, I'm going to keep it short and sweet... 3:15 a.m. came early A smoothie consi...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
3 comments:
I read an article once encouraging people to use each mile in a marathon to pray for a specific person or run for a particular cause....26 different people. I'll have to find the article again...nothing more inspiring than running for something greater. I love that you are going to run for your brother!! I too, run because I can. Such a gift. Love your passion for it!!
HEre is the link to the story!!
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/1,7124,s6-238-275--13150-0,00.html
Prayer bands for each mile!! Pretty cool.
That is so awesome Meredith! I love reading your perspective on running and why you do it. It's so inspiring.
Post a Comment