AKA rookie mistake #3...
When signing up for your very first 1/2 marathon, make sure to not take the course description too literally.
Make sure to REALLY take a look at the map.
I mean REALLY!!
If you don't, you may end up signing up for a half that talks of rolling and gradual uphills...
Which, doesn't sound too harmless, right?
But, what you'll get is some CRAZY big hill around mile 5.
With the only benefit being that it's pretty,
And eventually, after the gradually rolling hills, you'll get to go downhill.
As my wonderful friend pointed out,
At least it will make the next one look easy and give me a great PR!
Thanks wonderful friend!
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment