Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fabulous 5

I am so thankful for 5 miles! 5 miles is a great distance. Doesn't take long. Doesn't hurt. Just enough to work your lungs and muscles. Not so much that you have little to give. You can push a little harder. Go a little faster. You can feel fabulous at the end.

After my 10 on Sunday, I admit, I was a little leery about getting out there again this morning. My knees hurt after Sunday. My hips were aching after Sunday. Would I be able to find my groove. Would I be off again??

Oh, but those fabulous 5! It was raining just a bit. It was a wonderful 48 degrees. Warm enough to not feel cold. Cold enough to not be too warm. Running next to an amazing friend. It. Was. Fabulous.

Each mile was a little faster than last weeks. Each breath felt better than Sunday's. Each step felt amazing. Truly, amazing. As my feet hit the ground, as I felt my muscles working in my legs, as I took each breath. I was thankful. Thankful to be out there. Thankful to feel good. Thankful to run.

Refreshed.

I'm no longer scared of what lies ahead when I face some crazy hills this weekend. I'll embrace it. Hope to be able to find my groove. And be thankful that I even get to be there in the 1st place.

So very thankful for this mornings fabulous and refreshing and invigorating 5!

No comments:

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...