Clearly I went too fast.
Clearly I dehydrated myself.
Clearly I need something to put in my belly during my long runs.
But, the 12?
Not a fluke.
However, I'm currently exhausted. Depleted. Trying to find the energy to put some food in my mouth. Trying to figure out what would be the best fuel. Trying to figure out how to not feel so tired.
I felt great during my run. Fantastic even. The sun was shining. I was listening to my fave running music. Even holding myself back on the first 6. Knowing I was going for 12.
I was shocked to look down after 6 and see I had done it in 56 minutes flat. Smiling and elated I turned back around to do the final 6.
Loving the trail I was running. Loving all the people running. And riding. And walking. Loving the beautiful weather. Loving my new running clothes. Loving my Toby Mac.
By the last mile or so I felt like I might as well be walking. Perhaps even crawling. I was thirsty. Tired. Digging in. Wanting to stick my face in a puddle as I ran by...
I gave a final push and up the last hill I ran. Completely expecting to be over 2 hours. Completely shocked when I looked at my timer that said 1:49:40!! Holy cow! Almost 10 minutes faster than last week!
I felt fantastic. Not tired at all. Definitely not feeling like I had ran as fast as I did.
Then, as I was about to pick up the kids it hit. I started feeling a little funky. By the time I got home it was all I could do to fix the kids lunch and get in the shower.
I collapsed on my bed wrapped in my robe. Laying there. Trying to talk myself into going to the kitchen.
Clearly, I am a rookie!
I just found a gatorade and am now giving myself a pep talk to go into the kitchen and refuel. A friend was just talking about supplements this week. Thinking I'm going to have to see what that's all about...
After I scrape myself up off the floor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
1 comment:
Did you bring water with you on the run? Water alone can help make a HUGE difference. And I know that having kids makes it all the more important to be good to go after a run. Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. Looking forward to reading yours :)
Post a Comment