What's that, you may ask??
What did I do?
I signed up for Tall Mom's 1,000 mile club.
I also planned my miles for the year thanks to Lesley's advice. And, truly, I think it was a great idea! It allowed me to look at weeks when we'll be camping or celebrating or whatever. I made sure that I didn't have any long runs scheduled while doing any of them like I did here. I scheduled both training plans in there for my two races and tried to balance it all so I wouldn't find myself behind and overwhelmed at the end of the year.
I. Am. So. Excited!!
Then, I'm also wondering if I should start out with more in the beginning of the year?? What about those bumps and hiccups along the way? I know there will be some. So, do I account for those and start strong now so I don't have to push it at the end of the year?? Oh, the planner in me...
Thinking about 1,000? Head over to Tall Mom's and sign up! How fun to be able to encourage each other on this journey!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
7 comments:
That is so awesome! I am going to keep track of my miles and see if 1,000 is possible... So maybe next year I'll join in!
Awesome!!!
I am contemplating signing up. Actually, I have answered the questions in an email but I have not hit send. I'm scared! I only ran 531 miles in 2010.
I'm excited! I committed... Have you ever done Daily mile? Tall Mom set up a "challenge" on there, and it's how I usually track my miles. It's super easy, I just sync up my garmin to it, and it tracks everything for me. You can add them with out your garmin as well, and any other workouts also.
Woo Hoo!!
I sent her an email to sign up. That was my goal last year and I fell short. So I am hoping with all the motivation for everyone out here in bloggy land that I can achieve it. Just tallied up last years numbers and I ran 838.5. I am excited!!!
You brave thing - that is a lot of miles! I have no doubt you will knock it out of the park. :)
Keep it steady girl, don't burn yourself out early! You're going to kill those 1000 miles, I just know it. Here we go 2011!!!
Good for you friend!! Just signed up - thought we could all hold each other accountable and track some miles together!
Post a Comment