Friday, October 22, 2010

I Commit Friday

Here's the thing.

I'm a bit commitment phobic.

Because, you just never know.

You never know what life will throw at you. You never know if you will be sick. If you're kids will be puking. If your knee will be bugging you. If your car will not start.

Years ago, when my day did not go as planned, I wouldn't know how to adjust. I would get in a funk. I would be a little lost. Now, I just don't plan. Then, the day can go any way it wants.

However.

I need to commit.

Do you commit?

Now that I'm not training for a specific race, I really want to take this time to get myself in the best shape possible before next season. I want to go into my 1st marathon training cycle fit, fierce and ready to fly.

So, I commit.

I commit to...

3 days of running a week. 2 runs of 5 miles. 1 run ranging from 6-12 miles.

3 days of Jazzercise a week. This will give me the strength training I need... I'll have more on that later!

Daily core work. Need a strong core to keep my form!

Water. Water. Water. In the summer, I have no problem with drinking my water. However, as the temperature drops and I get cold, it's about the last thing I want to drink. But, I commit.

I'm sure there will be more. But, that's my list for now.

I'm turning Friday into I Commit Friday. A day to keep myself accountable for the week. A day to support others who would like to do the same. So, what are you waiting for? Will you commit?

7 comments:

Christa said...

That is an awesome post!!! That is why I schedule races because if I dont I will not commit. I just signed up for my 3rd Marathon yesterday, but it isnt until May 8th. The true training doest start until Jan. So I have to make myself a schedule for between now and then. I want to work on my core (alot) and do some speed training.
Plus for me the more people I tell what I am doing, the more committed I am. I am very proud of you for taking the commitment!!! Look forward to reading you posts.

AM! said...

Oh I'm a big fan of making the commitment! I do it in the form of my GFTW (goalsfortheweek). It helps me keep things in check, move forward, appreciate the now...yadda yadda. you get it right?

Cool!

Eryn said...

I'm committing to:
Working on my core, starting Tummy Team classes Monday.

Training 5-6 days a week for a 12K Nov. 28th, even though I'm only running the 5K. ( I really wanted to do the 12K, but my SIL and I are doing it together and she felt more ready for the 5K). Instead of my 3 days a week of been doing.

Water. I really want to drop another 10 lbs by Christmas.Commit,Commit,Commit. Great post!

Eryn said...

oh yah, and getting up at 5am on Wednesdays to meet Heidi at the track. yikes.

ihaverun said...

Awesome commitments! I will commit with you on the water thing. I drink a ton in the evening but hardly any before 5 pm. Not sure why. And I'm already committed to a core plan and to running at least three days a week, so I'll be cheering you on!!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Fantastic Friday, I am definitely in need of some core work, I may try and work in some accountability too. Looking forward to the Friday updates!

Raegun said...

Great idea! I'm normally a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal, but I find that making short term goals/commitments really helps me stay on track. This month I vowed to avoid drive-thrus (it's a coffee thing!) and get in 50 miles on foot. So far so good!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...