Oh, and speaking of Candice, check this post out. It totally made me giggle. Then, she went on to start this FB page. You know you're a Runnerd if you bound out of bed at 5:45 a.m., filled with the sheer excitement and anticipation of testing out your new running gear...
Speaking of bounding...
Bound I did!
New tights on.
New shirt on.
Lovely jacket on.
New hat on.
Yum.
I was a little slow to drink my coffee this morning and by the time I got to the track it was already 6:30. Whoops. I had planned to do a leisurely 5... Oh, who am I kidding? I had planned, but in the back of my head was wanting to do a little tempo run. Leisurely? Haha.
So, the fact that I started so late really worked in my twisted plan's favor. Before I knew it, this is what stared back at me...
Mile 2: 8:13
Mile 3: 7:57
Mile 4: 7:19
Mile 5: 8:26
Not even a nice tempo run.
Just a nice quick run.
Quick.
The Monday after the Girlfriend's 1/2, I so sweetly called my friend Nicci and ever so lovingly told her she could suck it. Yes. Those were my words.
Over the weeks leading up to the 1/2, Nicci's FB status would lead us to believe she was overindulging in chocolate and ice cream and doing very little training. So, when she pulled a 1:52:58 for her 1st 1/2 EVER, I felt the need to congratulate her like only a good friend could.
Bite me.
Aren't I a great friend? I did, however, go on to say how proud I was of her. How amazing I thought she was. And, begged for her to train me. Okay, I didn't beg, but I did comment on her training regimen.
You know what she told me?
That I should've done better.
That's a good friend.
She said that based upon my training times and what she runs, I should've done better than she did.
Truth is.
I'm very proud of my time. I raced smart. I reached my goal.
I was also VERY comfortable for the majority of the race.
It wasn't until mile 8 or 9 that I started to think I should start my negative splits. Thinking I should speed up. But, at the same time, not wanting to give too much because I knew I would be tired at the end.
Fact is.
I should've been thinking about it sooner. KNOWING that I would be tired at the end. I should've given more in the middle to make up for the exhaustion at the end.
I could've done better.
But, I'm proud of what I did.
Yet, when I pull out 5 miles with an 8:09 average and still feel great at the end, I wonder. What could I really do?
And in other news...
Blazer season has started.
8 comments:
Your comments to Nicci sound like me and G. Love it! Great job on the run. And that whole "worms" thing - totally had me laughing!
Great run!
Your pics had me laughing, esp the worms! Cute!
If you put long hair on that little boy in the last picture you'd have your girl! Amazing how much they look alike sometimes.
And on another note, great run. I drug my feet this morning too and still ran close to a 10:15 (which you know is amazing for me). I love how much my time has improved since the race. :-) Eryn and I start track workouts tomorrow. You can join us if you want. We're doing 400m repeats.
your son is toooo cute!!! *bite*
Well, I was proud of you too!:)
Awesome splits!!! Way to get motivated so early in the morning.
Love the pictures- very cute!
Verrry peppy run. Can't help but wonder...
Your little guy is ADORABLE.
I'm glad you are liking the Sweaty Band. And thanks for the Runnerds shout out!! The more the merrier =)
Post a Comment