Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Bit Worried

Last week, I noticed while perusing facebook, that some of my girlfriends were talking about an email they had received about the Girlfriend's 1/2. As I was talking to Amy (who's flying from Phoenix to run!) I asked her what she was talking about. Turns out, everyone had gotten an email with all the info and anything they would ever need to know about the race. Everyone, but me. I quickly sent an email to the race people. Praying that I was still registered...

You see, back in September, I transferred my sister-in-laws ticket because she would not be able to run. We had planned on it. I had signed her up. She was going to train since she loves to run. However, with my brother's cancer coming back, training went to the back burner and she has been focusing on keeping her family afloat.

So, I transferred the ticket to my angel. I called the race people. Sounded like no problem. Send the name of the person who is registered and the name of the person who is taking the spot. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Right?

Wrong.

Apparently, they took both my sister-in-law and I off the list! An email's been sent off to my angel to make sure that at least she's registered! And several emails have gone back and forth to the race people.

I gotta say. It's getting me anxious. I can just imagine the worst, "sorry, you can't race." But, knowing I paid for 2 tickets and they have to fix it. Right?

In other news, it was a beautiful 43 degrees this morning. I wondered what to wear. Dilemma. Dilemma. Can I get away with a tech T and my wonderful, amazing and bright Brooks jacket?? Or will I need to add a long sleeve shirt too??

Of course not!! I trusted the jacket and oh, the coziness! Nice and warm! Only wishing I had gloves on my fingers. Have I mentioned how much I love that baby?!

Off to make phone calls before my anxiety takes over.

Have you ever had a mix up with race registration??

****Updated to add that I called the race people on the phone and had a great conversation. She said the only bummer is that they had the bibs personalized so she will have to jerry-rig mine but no one will be able to tell. Also, had to still do something with my timing chip. But, she said, no worries.... phew!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They should fix it if you paid for two tickets. That would be horrible if they just said "tough luck" to you. I hope it all works out.

Q said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well!

Eryn said...

So glad that's straightened out!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...