Yes. Many things are turned into sing song phrases in my home.
Yes. The sun is actually shining today which makes me want to break out in the Mr. Sun song.
It's simply beautiful!
It makes me want to go for a run even though this is a non-run day.
However, do you know what makes me NOT want to go for a run?
Gloomy clouds.
Howling wind.
And do you want to know what's so great about running in the O'dark morning??
I have had NO exposure to the elements. I cannot see what the sky looks like. I cannot see the trees blowing in the wind. I cannot see the rain pouring down.
Ignorance is bliss.
As the day got more and more gloomy yesterday, I was so thankful that I had done my run before I could see. I am fairly certain that if I did not run in the morning. That if I actually allowed myself to watch the weather all day. That I would NOT be a runner. I'm a big wuss like that.
Again.
Ignorance is bliss.
So, although running in the dark morning requires me to exit my ever-so-cozy and comfortable bed, I'll take it. Because, again...
Ignorance is bliss!
And in other news, here's me...
10 comments:
I need one of those!
It is easier to NOT see the gloomy weather. It can suck the motivation right out of you!
Sweaty Bands are great but TMB Endurance bands are cheaper! And so are mine.
I always joked with my friends that I like running the the pitch black because I cant see what is in front of me, nor how far down the straight away I had to go.
I have never tried sweaty bands but love Chica Bands (that are very similar)
strangely I like running in gloomy weather. maybe because I spent so many of my years living in a tropical country. Either that or I'm weird that way. haha!
Nice smile there mama!
I have a hard time running right now (being a night runner) for that reason. When I'm watching it rain and howl all day, my motivation to stay cozy goes up and up!
I just love running in the rain. Gloomy weather can suck but once your out there running its all forgotten, at least for me
i have that same sweaty band and love it!
I love running early when I can find someone to go with... I get the creeps otherwise... makes me want to live in the great wide open...
It isn't safe to run near my house in the dark, unfortunately. Not because someone would hurt you (although I suppose that's a possibility anywhere), but because the roads are narrow and winding and you might get hit by an early-morning (or late-evening) driver. But, I have a gym membership, so most mornings I get up and go to the gym and run on the treadmill. Not ideal, but it works!
Does the sweaty band keep the sweat from dripping in your eyes? Because I sweat buckets - it's awful!
Post a Comment